Laparoscopic (keyhole) Surgery
ALSW delivers laparoscopic Anti-Obesity, Laparoscopic Gastro-Oesophageal, Laparoscopic Pancreatico – Biliary and Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in Wales
Benefits of Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery leads to less operative trauma with reduction of the incidence of complications.
- Laparoscopic surgery is performed through smaller skin incisions with lesser chance of wound infection.
- Laparoscopic surgery leads to reduction in scar tissue formation and better cosmesis.
- Laparoscopic surgery is associated with less post-operative pain, shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
- Laparoscopic surgery leads to quicker return to work.
- Laparoscopic surgery reduces the risks of long term complications (incisional hernia).